Sunday, February 4, 2007

Can you Tell Them Apart?



I have been laughing all morning as I proof these photos! These two 4-year old girls...are identical twins and I CAN'T for the life of me...tell them apart! It's killing me! LOL. And boy, they certainly weren't going to help me out either. "B" says, "I'm 'B' and that's 'B!' And then other goes "Yeah...I'm 'B' and she's 'B!'" Can we say my brain is discombobulated? Is that a word? LOL.
I have so many wonderful pics of these two I can hardly wait to proof them all. I'll post more later. Thanks for such a fun day, you two.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jewel,
I am an 'old' high school friend of B+B's Mom.
Around the time of our high school reunion we discovered we both had twin daughters and have kept in touch by e-mail since.
Our Girls are now 15. Yikes!!
At first we actually painted one toenail on one girl with toenail polish to tell them apart.This was recommended to us by a very wise midwife.
Anyway parents of twins learn to readily identify who's who, even with others twins, I think we learn subtle ways to keep them straight and then it becomes easy.
I have never met B+B but can tell them apart in photo's.
Look first for the shape of the head, height of forehead,hairline.
Look at the eyes , both the same, one more slanted? birthmarks or moles?
Shape of the nose front and profile?
Also notice if they move the same or as mirror images to each other.

also look at them in your photos , you may notice subtle ways they react to the camera. one of ours tilts her head the other is usually straight on.
As you work with the girls you will
get better at it and then you can "trick" them.
And remember it is very subtle and good training for your "eye".
Once you get it ,it will seem easy
Enjoy them and good luck.

Charlie

Anonymous said...

I love these photos! These girls are naturals in front of the camera - or Julia charmed them. These photos made me laugh out loud.